White Bean Crostini with California Prunes
Makes: 6Prep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 5 minutes
- Bean Spread
- 1 425g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked salt
- 1/8 teaspon sea salt
- 8 California Prunes
- Crostini Toppings
- 12 California Prunes, quartered
- ½ cup California Prune juice
- 12 walnut halves, toasted and chopped
- Sea salt
- Blend all ingredients until smooth in a blender or food processor.
- Thinly slice a small multi grain baguette into ½-inch thick slices.
- Lightly brush with olive oil and toast until lightly brown. Remove from oven.
- In a small saucepan, simmer quartered California Prunes with California Prune juice for about 5 minutes, or until California Prunes are plumped and have formed a cohesive mixture (Texture should be like a chutney or thick jam).
- Roast/toast walnuts about 5 minutes in a 175°C oven and chop.
- Spread a generous spoonful of the bean dip on each crostini, then top with California Prune chutney and and a sprinkle of walnuts.