Warm Sugar Plum Cocktail
Makes: 2 cocktailsPrep Time: 10 minutes
- For the cocktail:
- 200 ml prune juice
- 75ml spiced rum
- 1 medium orange, for juice and garnish
- 1 cinnamon stick
- For the garnish:
- 2 California Prunes
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- Using a vegetable peeler or a small, sharp knife, carefully cut 4 strips of zest (remove any white pith) from the orange, then juice the orange (yield 75-100ml – reserve 1tbsp for the garnish).
- Pour the California Prune juice, spiced rum and fresh orange juice into a small saucepan, and then add the cinnamon stick and two strips of the orange zest.
- Warm over medium-low heat (slight simmer) for 5 minutes.
- While the cocktails are warming, prepare the sugar plums by rolling two California Prunes in the remaining 1 tbsp orange juice (or water will work) and set on a plate, sprinkle with sugar to coat, and allow to dry for 30 seconds, then sprinkle with sugar again.
- Divide the cocktail between two glasses. Garnish each glass with a piece of orange zest, a sugar plum on a cocktail pick, and a cinnamon stick.
Serving Suggestion: Pair with Spiced Prune Snack Cake for an extra cozy evening!