Turkey California Prune Lettuce Wraps
Lettuce is the “wrap”, and a spicy ground turkey and California Prune mixture is the filling in this Asian-inspired dish. The sweet-and-tart dipping sauce adds a pop of brightness to bring it together.
Makes: 4Prep Time: 25 minutesCook Time: 15 minutes
- 450g lean turkey mince
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil
- 170g finely chopped California Prunes
- 2 tablespoons sweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
- Dipping Sauce (recipe follows)
- In large bowl combine turkey, ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- In large nonstick skillet, brown turkey mixture over medium heat, breaking into crumbs; pour off drippings.
- Add California Prunes, coconut, peanuts, green onion and coriander; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of turkey mixture into the centre of lettuce leaves. Serve immediately with dipping sauce.
In small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup water; 2 tablespoons nam pla (Thai fish sauce); 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar; 1 clove garlic, finely chopped; and 1/4 teaspoon fresh lime juice. (Yield: 1/3 cup)
|PERCENTAGE CALORIES FROM FAT||18|