Stewed California Prunes
Stewed Prunes are the cornerstone of a healthy breakfast. Add to oatmeal, or stir into yogurt or cottage cheese.
Makes: 4Prep Time: 2 minutesCook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup (approx 170g) pitted California Prunes
- 1 cup water
- In a saucepan, combine the California Prunes and water
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
To make Stewed California Prunes in a microwave:
- Combine the California Prunes and water in a microwaveable bowl.
- Cover with microwaveable plastic wrap; cut a few vents in the wrap.
- Microwave on high power 2 minutes, or until the California Prunes are cooked but not mushy.