Spicy Pork, Ginger and California Prune Spring Rolls
Makes: 18Prep Time: 45 minutesCook Time: 15 minutes
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 4cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 500g pork mince
- 75g California Prunes, diced
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 20 sheets (200g) filo pastry
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a frying pan or wok and stir-fry the ginger, garlic and spring onion for 1 minute before adding the pork. Stir fry for 5–6 minutes then add the California Prunes and allspice and cook for another minute before adding the soy sauce and honey. Leave to cool slightly.
- Place one sheet of filo pastry on the work surface and cut in half horizontally. Using the remaining olive oil, paint each piece with a little of the oil then place one sheet on top of the other. Put 1 tbsp of the pork mixture in the middle of the shortest side, fold over the outside edges then roll up from the end containing the pork. Brush with a little more olive oil and place on a baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining filo and pork mixture then bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until golden. Serve with a sweet chilli dip.