Spiced California Prune Cauliflower Rice
Provided by: Nutritioulicious for the California Prune Board.
Makes: 10Cook Time: 35 mins
- 1.4kg cauliflower (about 2 heads)
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup lite coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup chopped California Prunes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Cut cauliflower into florets. In a food processor, pulse florets until finely grated and rice-like granules.
- In a straight-sided sauté pan, toast slivered almonds over medium-high heat until browned and fragrant (about 3 minutes). Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add oil to the hot pan and swirl around to coat. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add cinnamon and stir together until fragrant, about another 30 seconds.
- Add riced cauliflower to pan and carefully toss with the spiced garlic.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook about 5 minutes until the volume has slightly reduced.
- Add coconut milk and stir into the cauliflower rice, being sure to scrape the bottom of the pan to release brown bits.
- Cover and continue cooking for another 15 minutes.
- Stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, California Prunes, salt, and pepper.
- Cook another 5-7 minutes until the California Prunes have heated up and softened and the flavours have all melded together.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.