Spiced Cashew & California Prune Rice Porridge
Provided by: Strength and Sunshine for the California Prune Board.
Makes: 2Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened cashew milk
- 1/2 cup rinsed wild rice
- 1/2 cup California Prunes (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted cashews
- Bring the 1 1/4 cup of cashew milk to a boil, add the rinsed rice, California Prunes, spices and vanilla into the pot and reduce to a low simmer.
- Cook covered for about 40-50 minutes (depending on the rice you use, or until the milk is absorbed).
- Remove the cinnamon stick and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Mix in the cashews and serve!