California Prune Pound Cake topped with California Prune Ganache
A delicious cake topped with a beautiful California Prune ganache.
Makes: 6-8Prep Time: 40 minsCook Time: 30 mins
- For the pound cake
- 210g sugar
- 164g medium wheat flour
- 55g cornflour
- 3g (1/2 tsp) baking powder
- 125g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1g (1/4 tsp) salt
- 3 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 150g California Prunes
- Strong flour as needed
- For the ganache
- 250g California Prunes
- 250g fresh double cream
- 250g white chocolate
To make the Pound Cake:
- Set the oven to 180℃.
- Butter a 1lb loaf tin/cake tin and dust with strong flour.
- Whip the butter, sugar and salt together in a bowl until creamy.
- Add the egg, a little at a time, mixing well with each addition.
- Sieve the medium wheat flour, cornflour and baking powder into the bowl and fold in.
- Add the California Prunes into the mixture and then fold in.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cook in the tin.
To make the California Prune ganache
- Break the white chocolate into pieces and place in a bowl.
- Blend the California Prunes until they become a paste. Transfer to a pan.
- Add the fresh cream to the California Prunes paste and bring to the boil.
- Cool slightly, then pour onto the white chocolate, whipping continuously to keep the mixture from separating.
- Remove the cake from the tin.
- Pour the California Prunes ganache over the top of the cake
- Add decorations as required: for example, honeycomb, chopped California Prunes, white chocolate buttons, chocolate drops, mini-meringues, etc.