Pan Fried Duck Breast in California Prune Sauce
Makes: 2Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 duck breasts
- 1 shallot
- 4tbsp Marsala wine
- 10 California Prunes
- 10g butter
- 100ml stock (veg or chicken)
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Sprig of fresh thyme
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C
- In a food processor whizz up the California Prunes to a paste.
- Fry the finely chopped shallot in the olive oil until softened.
- Add the California Prune paste – then the Marsala.
- Bring to the boil to cook off the alcohol.
- Add the sprig of thyme and stock , season and simmer to reduce.
- On a high heat fry the duck breasts (skin side down) in a dry frying pan for 4 minutes – turn and fry on the other side for a further minute.
- Place half the butter on each duck breast and place in the oven (either in frying pan with ovenproof handle or transfer to a small baking dish) and cook for 7 minutes (medium) to 10 minutes (well).
- Serve with a fondant potato and wilted greens.