Mozzarella Rolls with California Prunes
Light, and loaded with vitamins and minerals, these mozzarella rolls can be prepared in no time and are a perfect appetizer; surprising the palate with contrasting savoury ingredients and fruit, combined with the intense aroma of basil, and creating a very pleasant array of flavours.
These quick, easy, no-cook mozzarella rolls are perfect for a light summer lunch on the hottest of days…and maybe keep some ready for a picnic, or lunch at the beach!
Makes: 4Prep Time: 15-20 mins
- 1 block of mozzarella
- 6 California Prunes
- 1 peach
- 450g ham
- 12 basil leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the mozzarella into thin slices. For a fine and perfect result, you can use a mandolin.
- Cut each California Prune in half and cut the peach into wedges.
- Divide each slice of ham in half.
- It’s time to make the rolls:
– Place a slice of mozzarella on the board and place a slice of ham on top #.
– Add one of the California Prune halves in the centre, together with a slice of peach and a basil leaf.
– Then roll everything up.
- Season with mixed pepper for a more aromatic effect, and complete with a drizzle of oil.
Eat as a summer appetiser, for a tasty and healthy buffet, or as part of a picnic.