Mild Spicy Quinoa Salad with California Prunes & Feta
Servings: 4Prep Time: 30 minutes
- 200g quinoa
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cooked beetroot, diced
- 12 California Prunes, finely sliced lengthways
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp chilli
- 140g feta cheese
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- First cook the quinoa as instructed on the packet.
- In a frying pan add a good dollop of olive oil and soften the red onion, garlic, celery and California Prunes.
- Now add the cumin, coriander, chilli and mixed spice.
- Add two tablespoons of water and cook for a further minute until the liquid has evaporated.
- Season, add to the quinoa and mix well. Add most of the parsley, leaving enough for garnish, add the cooked beetroot and mix.
- Fold in the cut tomatoes leaving a few for garnish, now crumble the feta leaving some for garnish.
- Add the lemon and test for seasoning.
- Place into a large serving dish and garnish with the feta, tomato and parsley.