Grilled Onion, Blue Cheese & California Prune Flatbread
Need an easy and TASTY appetiser or light meal? I’ve got you covered! I combine grilled onions, blue cheese and California Prunes in this delicious combination of salty and sweet!
Makes: 2Prep Time: 10Cook Time: 10
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion (sliced thinly)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced/crushed)
- 2 flatbreads/wheat tortillas
- 1/2 cup mozzerella
- 1/4 cup blue cheese of your choice (crumbled)
- 4-5 California Prunes (roughly chopped)
- Cut two rounded edges off each of the flatbreads to create two rectangles.
- In a pan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the sliced onions and salt. Cook over low heat (don’t burn) until golden brown.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Combine the olive oil and garlic and brush the flatbreads with the mixture.
- Add the mozzarella, blue cheese, and some grilled onions (save the rest for another use), and top with diced California Prunes.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven, slice and serve immediately.