Drunken California Prunes in Dark Chocolate
Makes: 20Prep Time: 2 Days
- 20 California Prunes (approx. 200 - 250 g)
- 1/4 Cup whiskey, rum or other alcohol
- 2/3 Cups dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp butter
- Orange and lime zest
- 2 tbsp cane sugar
- 4 tbsp water
- Pour California Prunes with alcohol and let them stand for 1 hour to soak with an alcohol.
- Within a day, prunes can be stirred several times.
- Dissolve cane sugar and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add orange and lime zest and cook for 3 minutes.
- Then remove single strips on the baking paper and cool down (zest can be formed into various shapes after congealed for decoration).
- Melt chocolate and butter in a water bath until you get a smooth texture.
- Dip pre-soaked California Prunes in the chocolate mass (barbecue skewer may be helpful) and set aside on a baking paper.
- Decorate covered Chocolate California Prunes with prepared orange and lime strips.