Creamy Cashew Nut, California Prune & Almond Loaf
Makes: 4Prep Time: 30 minutesCook Time: 45 minutes
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 courgette, coarsely grated
- 1 stick celery, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1/2tbsp thyme leaves
- 150g cashew nuts
- 100g ground almonds
- 125g California Prunes, chopped
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- Lightly grease a 2lb loaf tin and preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onion and garlic for 2–3 minutes until softened. Add the carrots, courgette, celery, red pepper and thyme and mix well.
- Reduce the heat, cover the pan and leave to sweat for 10 minutes, stirring just a couple of times. Meanwhile, put the cashew nuts in a food processor and blitz until they look like breadcrumbs (but not powdery).
- Stir the cashew nuts, almonds, California Prunes and tomato purée into the softened vegetables and season well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth over the top. Place in the oven and bake for 40–45 minutes until just lightly golden on top.
- Remove from the oven, run a knife around the edges and turn out onto a plate. Serve either hot or cold with a crisp green salad.