Cocoa-Nut California Prune Bites
Makes: Makes about 24 bitesPrep Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup toasted unsweetened shredded coconut, divided
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup California Prunes
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- Combine ½ cup toasted coconut and toasted sliced almonds in a shallow dish and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine California Prunes, raw almonds and remaining ½ cup coconut. Process until the mixture is finely ground and a uniform texture.
- Next, add remaining ingredients, except chocolate chips, and process until the mixture comes together into a thick paste (should resemble thick cookie dough). Add mini chocolate chips and mix by hand to incorporate, do not use food processor blade for this step.
- Using a one tablespoon measure or scoop, form into 24 balls and roll each in toasted coconut/sliced almond mixture to coat.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to enjoy.