Chocolate California Prune Frozen Yogurt Float
Provided by the Cape Fear Nutrition for the California Prune Board. 2nd Runner-Up Winner, No Bones About it Recipe Redux Contest
- For the chocolate California Prune purée:
- 18 California Prunes
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 3 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- For the frozen yogurt float:
- 12-16 tablespoons chocolate California Prune purée
- 8 tablespoons skimmed milk
- Chilled sparkling water
- 12 scoops fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt (about 2 cups)
- 4 tablespoons whipped cream
- 4 tablespoon chopped pistachios
To make the chocolate California Prune purée:
- Add the California Prunes and water to a saucepan. Bring to the boil, then cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until California Prunes are tender.
- Remove the California Prunes (reserving cooking liquid) and add to food processor along with cocoa.
- Process until smooth, adding additional cooking liquid one tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is achieved. (About 3 tablespoons of reserved cooking liquid).
To make the frozen yoghurt float:
- Place 2 tablespoons of chocolate California Prune purée in the bottom of each glass.
- Pour in 2 tablespoons of milk and 1/4 cup sparkling water for each serving.
- Add 3 scoops of frozen yogurt to each glass and top with another 1-2 tablespoons chocolate California Prune purée.
- Fill glasses with sparkling water.
- Finish with whipped cream and chopped pistachios.
- Serve immediately.