Chocolate-Covered Nut-Stuffed California Prunes
Makes: 6Prep Time: 35 minutes
- 6 ready-to-eat California Prunes
- 6 whole Brazil nuts
- 50g high quality dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
- 1tbsp dehydrated strawberry powder (or you can use gold flakes if you have some)
- First, prepare the stuffed California Prunes. Into the cavity of the California Prune place one of the Brazil nuts, as far as it will go, taking care not to pierce through the prune. About half of the nut will be sticking out.
- Sprinkle the strawberry powder onto a plate, and put to one side.
- Half-fill a small pan with boiling water and place over a medium heat, so that the water is simmering.
- Break the chocolate up into small chunks, and place in a small bowl which fits over the pan – taking care not to have the bowl touching the boiling water.
- Stir gently once it starts to melt, and remove from the pan (turning off the heat) once it has completely melted.
- Holding the stuffed California Prunes by the Brazil nut end, gently dip and roll the California Prune in the melted chocolate, covering the entire California Prune. Then lightly roll the tip of the chocolate covered California Prune in the dehydrated strawberry. Repeat for each stuffed California Prune.
- Place the California Prunes on a baking tray covered with baking parchment, and leave to dry for at least 20 mins.
- Arrange on a plate, and sprinkle with any remaining strawberry powder.