Chicken Wheatberry Salad with California Prune Dressing
Provided by: Cindy’s Recipes and Writings for the California Prune Board
Makes: 4Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup wheatberries
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth- low-sodium
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 1/4 chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/16 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 4 cups baby spinach
- California Prunes for garnish
- 85g (10-12) California Prunes chopped
- ¼ cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Bring wheatberries and chicken broth to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until berries are softened but still chewy.
- Mix together wheatberries, chicken, sun-dried tomatoes.
- Add salt if desired.
- For the dressing, pulse California Prunes, apple juice and lime juice in a blender until puréed. Slowly drizzle in oil though hole in lid while blender is running.
- Add dressing to chicken mixture.
- Serve on spinach bed.
- Garnish with California Prunes.