Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip & California Prune Cookies
Provided by: Enjoy Every Bite for the California Dried
Makes: 18Prep Time: 20 minutesCook Time: 8-10 minutes
- 12 California Prunes
- • ¼ cup brown sugar
- • ¼ cup honey
- • 1 egg
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla
- • ¾ cup enriched white flour
- • ½ teaspoon baking soda
- • ¼ teaspoon salt
- • 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- • ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 175 °C.
- Place California Prunes in food processor and pulse to a paste consistency to form a California Prune purée.
- Combine California Prune purée, brown sugar, honey, egg, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, and rolled oats.
- Add flour mixture to California Prune mixture and combine.
- Add dark chocolate chips.
- Form dough into balls about 1-inch in diameter.
- Press dough down to form the shape of the cookie you want. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through with golden brown edges.