California Prunes, Chicken and Butterbean Stew
Here’s a vibrant, tasty and healthy new stew from Peter Sidwell
Servings: 4Prep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 35 minutes
- 1 large onion
- 2 yellow peppers
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2½ tbsp paprika
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 200ml chicken stock
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 200g chopped California Prunes
- Chop the onion and peppers into 1cm chunks.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large casserole pan. Add the onion and peppers and cook until soft.
- Add the garlic and paprika to the pan and cook for a few minutes in order to get maximum flavour from the paprika.
- Add the chicken stock and tinned chopped tomatoes to the pan, season with salt and pepper. Allow the sauce to come to come to a boil, then turn down to a simmer.
- In a separate pan, heat up 2 tablespoons of oil and cook the chicken thighs for 2-3 minutes on each side. Once browned, remove from the pan and place to one side.
- Add the butterbeans, California Prunes and browned chicken to the sauce. Make sure that the chicken is just covered in sauce. Add a splash of water if the sauce is beginning to look a little dry.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked.
Serving suggestion: Sprinkle with coriander leaves and serve with a crusty baguette.