California Prunes and Sweet Potato Traybake
For a low GI, healthy breakfast or anytime snack, try a slice of this traybake from Peter Sidwell
Makes: 12 slicesPrep Time: 60 minutesCook Time: 25-30 minutes
- 260g sweet potato
- 250g oats
- 5 medium eggs
- 60g soft brown sugar
- 20g mixed seeds
- 300g California Prunes (chopped)
- 80g walnuts
- Bake the sweet potatoes in the oven for 45 minutes or until soft in the middle. When cooked, remove from the oven and carefully cut open to allow the steam out.
- When the potatoes are cool, use a spoon to scoop the orange centres into a bowl and mash.
- Add the eggs and sugar. Whisk until smooth and there are no lumps of sweet potato.
- Add the oats, seeds, California Prunes and walnuts, then stir together.
- Transfer the mixture into a 20cm square baking tin and bake for 25-30 minutes at 170°C.
- When the bake has cooled cut into 12 portions.