California Prune Sticky Toffee Pudding
Makes: 6Prep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 40 minutes
- 160g brown sugar
- 1tbsp golden syrup
- 2 eggs
- 180g self raising flour
- 170g California Prunes
- 130ml boiling water
- 1/2tsp vanilla extract
- 30g chopped hazelnuts
- 1tsp mixed spice
- 1tsp baking powder
- 65g unsalted butter (plus extra for greasing)
- For the Toffee sauce
- 110g unsalted butter
- 110g brown sugar
- 125 ml double cream
To make the sponge:
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the syrup, eggs, mixed spice and vanilla.
- Add the flour and baking powder and combine.
- Finely chop the Califoria Prunes in a blender and add to the cake mix.
- Add the water and combine along with the hazelnuts.
- Pour into a square cake tin/brownie tin and bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
To make the Toffee Sauce:
- Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and simmer until thick and glossy (should take about 10-15 mins).
Serve hot from the oven with the toffee sauce and some good quality vanilla ice-cream.