California Prune Snack Bars
California Prune purée can turn a simple snack bar into a nutritional powerhouse. Loaded with healthy grains, and nuts and sweetened with a touch of honey, these snack bars are perfect for tucking into your gym bag or lunch box. Enjoy this convenient snack bars recipe from the Califorina Prune Board.
Makes: 8Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup California Prune purée
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup soy flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- Heat oven to 165ºC.
- Spray a 20cm X 20cm baking pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper, leaving the paper overhanging on 2 sides.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together California Prune purée, honey, orange juice, egg white and orange zest.
- In small bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Fold flour mixture, oats, almonds, coconut, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds into California Prune mixture.
- Press mixture evenly into prepared pan. Bake about 30 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Cool on rack; remove from pan, using paper to lift it out.
- Cut in four, then cut across in half to make 8 bars.