California Prune Mince Pie Brownie
Makes: 10Prep Time: 30 minutesCook Time: 15 minutes
- 350g dark chocolate
- 100g white chocolate chunks
- 250g butter
- 150g sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 100g self-raising flour
- zest of 1 orange
- 100g chopped California Prunes
- 4 mince pies chopped up into chunks
- 1/2 tsp of ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Place the pecans on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes until crisp.
- Break the dark chocolate into small chunks. Place the chocolate and butter in a mixing bowl over a plan of simmering water and allow to melt.
- As the chocolate begins to melt, add the orange zest.
- In a separate bowl whisk the sugar and eggs until light and fluffy. Then add the egg mixture to the chocolate and butter.
- Sieve together the flour and ground ginger, then add to the chocolate mixture and fold in carefully.
- Finally, stir in the chopped California Prunes, white chocolate chunks and the chopped up mince pies.
- Pour the mixture into a lined and greased baking tray and bake at 160°C for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, leave to cool, then cut into 10 portions.