California Prune & Hazelnut Bread
Makes: 10Prep Time: 2 hoursCook Time: 30-40 minutes
- 250g malted / wholemeal flour
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds
- 1 tsp dried yeast
- 5g salt
- 90g chopped California Prunes
- 40g whole hazelnuts or walnuts
- 275ml water
- Pour the malted and wholemeal flours together with the salt, seeds and yeast and blend together using your hand.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour and pour in the water.
- Using your hand in a claw shape mix together to form a soft dough.
- Transfer the dough onto a clean work surface and knead for 5 minutes.
- Add the hazelnuts and California Prunes and mix into the dough.
- Return the dough to the mixing bowl, cover with cling film and leave to prove for 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
- When the dough is ready scoop it out on to a clean worktop and begin to knead, this simply means knock out all the air by pushing and stretching the dough.
- Try not to use much extra flour as it will make the bread dough tighten up.
- Roll the dough up into a bloomer style shape, then transfer to a non stick baking tray and leave to prove again until it doubles in size. (it should only take 40 minutes).
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Spray a light film of water onto your bread, this will help develop a crust while in the oven.
- When the bread is ready to bake place it in the oven for approximately 30-40 minutes until fully baked.