California Prune Harvest Stuffing
This savoury cornbread stuffing with California Prunes, sausage, pecans and sage goes great with roast turkey, but it’s so good you’ll want to serve it year-round with pork, chicken, or just on its own.
Makes: 8Prep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 cups (about 250g) chopped California Prunes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 225g turkey sausage or reduced-fat pork sausage (casings removed), cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 box (170g) cornbread stuffing mix (about 2 1/4 cups)
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat until melted.
- Add California Prunes, onion, sausage, pecans, parsley and herbs; cook and stir 5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add broth and sherry; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in stuffing mix (with seasoning packet) until moistened.
- Cover; let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Tip: To toast pecans, arrange in even layer on baking sheet. Bake in 175°C oven 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
|PERCENTAGE CALORIES FROM FAT||41|