California Prune Bacon Jam
Provided by: The Healthy Aperture Blog
Makes: 12 tbspPrep Time: 15 minutes
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup California Prunes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Dash of hot sauce
- Cut bacon into ½ inch pieces.
- Sauté bacon in a small skillet over medium heat until crisp (about 5 minutes).
- Remove bacon from skillet and drain on paper towels. Discard drippings in pan (but do not wipe skillet clean).
- Add onion to pan and sauté 2 minutes.
- Next, stir in vinegar, orange juice, water and California Prunes.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until sauce is almost completely reduced and fruit is plump (watch carefully and be sure not to burn.)
- Spoon mixture into bowl of a small food processor; add salt and hot sauce.
- Pulse 5 times or until fairly smooth. Pulse in bacon.
- Store in refrigerator.