Californa Prunes Seeded Bread
Another must try, delicious bread recipe from Peter Sidwell
Servings: 1 loafPrep Time: 3-3 1/2 hoursCook Time: 30-40 minutes
- 150g strong white flour
- 350g rye flour
- 7g dried yeast
- 10g salt
- 100g California Prunes
- 375ml water
- 150g flax seeds
- Mix the flours, salt and yeast together in a mixing bowl. Make sure the yeast and salt are on separate sides of the bowl before you mix it.
- Blend the California Prunes and water in a blender until you have achieved a purée consistency.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour, yeast and salt mix. Pour the purée into the well and mix together to create a ball of soft dough. If your dough is a little bit dry, add a splash of water.
- Transfer the dough onto a clean work surface and knead for 10 minutes until the dough is soft, smooth and stretchy.
- Place the dough back into the mixing bowl and cover with cling film. Leave to prove for 2 hours.
- When the dough has doubled in size, scoop out onto the work surface. Knead lightly for 5 minutes, then place the dough in a non-stick 2lb loaf tin and allow it to double in size.
- Just before baking, heavily coat the bread in the flax seeds, or seed mixture of your choice. Bake in a pre-heated fan oven at 200°C for 30-40 minutes.