Rocket, Fennel and California Prune Flatbread
Provided by: Begin Within Nutrition for the California Prune Board.
Makes: 6Prep Time: 10-15 minutesCook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 whole wheat pizza dough
- 1 cup California Prunes
- 2 cups rocket
- 1/4 cup fennel
- 1/4 cup salted pumpkin seeds
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Cook pizza dough on an oiled pan or pizza stone on 230°C for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, combine ½ cup California Prunes, rocket, fennel and pumpkin seeds in a large bowl.
- In a food processor, blend together olive oil, balsamic vinegar and remaining California Prunes until prunes are pulverized.
- Drizzle vinaigrette on salad and toss to coat.
- Taste and adjust sea salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve rocket salad on flat bread, top with Parmigiano-Reggiano flakes and enjoy!