Asian-Style Noodles with Gingery California Prune Sauce
Makes: 4Prep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 10 minutes
- 12 California Prunes
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2½ tbsp tamari (soy sauce)
- 2 tsp grated ginger root
- 1 tsp natural sriracha or other hot sauce
- 340g dry noodles e.g.whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 cups extra-thinly sliced veg e.g. red bell pepper and cucumber
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves
- Add the California Prunes, vinegar, tamari, ginger, and sriracha to a blender. Cover and purée on high speed, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring 12 cups of cold water to a boil over high heat. Add the spaghetti and cook according to package directions. (Note: Cooking time will vary.) Drain the spaghetti using a large strainer. Quickly rinse the noodles with cold water (or toss with several ice cubes) to cool, and drain well.
- Transfer the noodles to a large mixing bowl. Add the sesame oil and toss with tongs to combine. Add the gingery-prune sauce and toss to combine. Add the veggies and toss to combine.
- Transfer to bowls, sprinkle with the sesame seeds and coriander, and serve.